Friday, August 5, 2011

Gardens dead...so is everything else..

I am so very thankful that we will not have to rely on what I'm growing this year for our winter's bounty.  Claremore hit 115 yesterday and the last rain, even a few drops, came at least a month ago.  I have been carefully watering young trees, shrubs, perennials and my fruit plants.  Today, many communities have started water rationing and threatening rolling blackouts on electricity if we all don't cut back. I desperately don't want a ban on outside watering! 

We have an in-ground pool....it's over 90 degrees in the pool...so it's not really refreshing.  I've told my husband and kids if we go on water rationing, the pool will be drained to save the trees and plants.  It's really getting bad, as bad as I've ever seen it.  I keep praying and praying for rain and fall....and football season!

In Oklahoma, football season is an exciting time.  Mostly because it's the beginning of fall, and the end of hot, hot, dry, dry weather!  The entire state is waiting on football!  and a hurricane, which is what the weather people say is the only thing that will break our drought...so while those on the coast pray for no hurricanes, we, in Oklahoma know it's the only thing that will save crops and animals.


I guess what they say is true, one man's misfortune is another man's misfortune.......

No comments:

Post a Comment