Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Getting Ready...

School's starting around here in the next few weeks.  I'm ready.  It's too hot to do anything else, I'm tired of having so much fun....I'm tired!  We need to get back into a routine at my house.  The month of July, I usually stop making meal plans and we just fly by the seat of my pants.  The kids are running all over, I never know who will be here for dinner or lunch for that matter.  I could be cooking for two or twelve.  The pool is overflowing with teenagers and that's ok with me!

But about the first of August, I begin to yearn for normal.  I printed out four months of meal planner calendars yesterday and today, I'm filling August completely up using my stockpile in the freezer and pantry.  I've started penciling in kid cooking nights.  This year, each child will be cooking at least once a week, using pantry items.  This keeps them from coming up at the last minute with strange items that I have to buy last minute at full price.

My daughter cooked penne pasta with tomato sauce and fruit salad on Monday, my son will be making Hamburger Helper.  He is not happy about participating in this exercise.  I don't care, I want him to learn basic cooking....he says he already knows...we'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment