Wednesday, August 17, 2011

School Starts Tomorrow!

Tomorrow this time, I'll be the mom of a ninth grader and eighth grader. don't know if I'm ready to tell you the truth.  As a high school teacher myself and a ninth grade teacher for more years than I want to say....it scares the soup out of.  He's now playing for all the marbles.  Mistakes cost a lot!  Mistakes can sidetrack your entire life....I don't know if he's ready...

I'm sure he'll be fine, I just worry...

Tomorrow is supposed to be almost 100 degrees again.  We broke last week after over a month of over 100 degree weather.  My garden is toasted but there are signs of life now that we got about 5 inches of rain last week and even a day that didn't hit 90!  I honestly was getting worried about large shrubs, we were so dry! I am just thankful that we don't have to live this winter of off what I've grown this summer....very few blackberries, very few tomatoes, peppers, anything else!

Hopefully, my fall garden will be better than this summer garden.  I pulled most of it a few weeks ago and put it out of it misery.

Now back to worrying about tomorrow! First day of school...SCARY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment