Monday, May 17, 2010

An Okie Marinade

This is a great marinade for chicken and steaks.  Since I big-batch cook, I'm planning to grill ten pounds of chicken breast and about six steaks.  We'll eat some chicken tonight with a wild rice pilaf, grilled portabello mushrooms and a marinated tomato salad.  I'll save the steak to eat later in the week and I'll freeze the rest to add to salads, tacos and anything that I don't want to fire up the grill for.  This is my husbands favorite marinade! 

The ingredients are easy to put together and if you like, double or even triple the recipe and put it in freezer bags with the uncooked meat to cook for later! 

Okie Marinade
 1 cup pineapple juice, I have saved and frozen this from opening pineapple but you can buy small cans of just juice.
2.6 oz. soy sauce
2.6 oz. sherry
0.6 oz red wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 t granulated garlic

This measurements are approximate, I usually don't measure exactly when I am making this.  Mix all the ingredients together. Place the meat in a container and pour the marinade over it.  cover and marinate at least 24 hours.  Grill or bake the meat and discard the marinade.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fantastic! We will definitely have to try this since grilling season has begun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great marinade. I really like teh dea that you "big-batch" cook. To me, that is a great way to plan meals and not stress as to what is for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you live with my family's schedule, stressing over dinner can be a huge thing! You're right, big batch cooking always leaves me something in the freezer to just heat up. Meal planning and big batch cooking has saved me many a night!

    ReplyDelete