Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Payday! Again!

I'm on someone's payroll again!  It feels lovely!  Although I'm only working part-time, it is exciting to open up my bank email on the first and the fifteenth each month and see a little more money going into the account.  It doesn't define me and we're not going to get rich by any means but it is exciting.  I've been very mindful not to say, 'now that I'm working, we can now buy.....'.  That's a quick way to undo all the frugality that I've established over the last year. 

We've always been frugal, my husband and I.   We're just not spenders.  We've always lived below our means and that is just fine with me.  I don't want to ever feel like I have to hold down a full-time job just so we can pay our bills.  It doesn't hurt that I don't especially like to shop and don't have a ginoreous(not sure that's a word) closet.  I look at my closet, it's full, I don't need anything new! Simple, isn't it!

A couple of years ago, I became absolutle certain that I could go the rest of my life and not buy any new clothes and die with clothes.  Well, maybe I'd have to replace underwear because for some reason, those wear out quicker than other stuff.  And maybe socks after a few years.  But for the most part, I have way too many clothes.  I decided that I'd only start replacing stuff when it was worn out.  Seems to be working.  I've only replaced a few tops and shoes in the last few years.  Saves plenty of money!

I got paid today and instead of rushing out to eat out or buy something new, I think I'll just sit here and smile.  Saving that money for a nice vacation this winter with the kids! Memories last a lot longer than a new pair of shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment