Friday, June 10, 2011

Grilled Veggies...

This is my favorite new seasoning! Well, it's not new, I've already been through 3 bottles....I guess it's my favorite summer seasoning!

I usually use this on my green salad but I've started using it on my grilled veggies and it is sooooo good!

Grilled veggies

Yellow squash, zuchinni, potatoes- white or sweet, carrots, green beans, eggplant, onion whatever is growing in the garden that needs to be eaten; cut into 2 inch squares or 1/2 inch slices.

Chop the veggies and place on  heavy duty aluminum foil that has been sprayed with no-stick cooking spray or drizzled with olive oil.  Sprinkle with Cavender's greek seasoning(salt-free) and chopped garlic.  You can add extra fresh basil or parsley.  Seal up with another aluminum foil sheet.  Place on hot grill for 10 minutes, flip and cook another 5 minutes.  Remove from grill and carefully open packet to check for doneness.  I will sometimes, put the foil packet back on the grill if it needs a few minutes to cook or open it up and cook it while my meat is cooking so the veggies get more oven baked instead of steamed.

Serve with more of the seasoning....oh it is so good.  make sure you cook extra, a fritata using this veggie combination makes for an easy weeknight meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment