Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Branson - Here We Come!

We're on our way to Branson today to visit Silver Dollar City with our kids, and my brother, sis-in-law and their two kids.  I'm really looking forward to seeing all the lights and riding rides! 

I'm a little kid at heart and I love big roller coasters.  SDC or as some our local friends call it "Steal Your Dollar City" has just enough roller coasters to make mama happy.  I usually have to ride by myself since the kids are too old to walk around with old mom and dad anymore.  This was the first year we let them go off together and I was really sad.  Luckily, my son gets a little sick before my daredevil daughter does so I end up riding with her after she's worn him out.

We'll probably spend a lot of time in the kiddy area with my nieces too.  I like the kiddy area because it's fun to watch them have such a great time riding all the rides. 

Best of all, no laundry, cooking or pesky pictures to download while your out of town.  Branson used to just be a little bitty nothing town until about 15 years ago.  I used to ride up with my parents and grandparents when I was little.  There was really nothing in Branson except SDC and a few music shows.  It is now a thriving little city with more family stuff to do than you can do in a week!  This summer, we spent four days
 lounging around the lake, going to shows and shopping and having a great family vacation close to home. 

We're going to get to see SDC all light up in the Christmas lights.  I'm looking forward to it........

No comments:

Post a Comment