Friday, December 3, 2010

Hit at Thanksgiving!

This year, I was in charge of bringing salads to thanksgiving dinner.  I like to make different salads and they travel well so I could leave my house and they could sit in the back for a few hours while we drove over.  This salad was the hit and it is super easy to make! I like those two things in any dish I plan to bring.  This travels well, tastes great and is so easy but it is really a pretty dish.  I had to send the recipe to my mom and sister this week. 

Marinated Mushroom Salad

2 1/2 quarts water

3 T lemon juice
3 lbs fresh mushrooms ( used 2 boxes of fresh mushrooms)
2 carrots, sliced
2 celery ribs, sliced
1/2 medium red pepper (could use any color)
1 small onion chopped
1 T fresh parsley
1/2 cup sliced stuffed green olives
1/2 cup sliced black olives



Dressing

1/2 cup italian salad dressing
1/2 cup red or white wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 t dried oregano
1/2 t salt

Bring water and lemon juice to a boil, add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and cool. Place mushrooms and the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. combine all dressing ingredients and pour over salad. cover and refridgerate overnight.

This would make a great make-and-take dish to potluck this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment