Monday, December 13, 2010

Cake Mix Cookies

I've been busily baking for every event under the sun lately!  I've still got a lot to do and a lot of parties and get-togethers that need my baked goods!  I've made these cookies for years, I got the recipe from a lady in Indiana.  She brought them to a teachers party and I had to have the recipe.  I was so surprised when I got it and it was easy!  I buy the cake mixes on sale in the fall and can easily whip up a batch of these in no time at all. 
They always get rave reviews from kids and grown-ups alike!

Cake Mix Cookies

1 cake mix (strawberry, lemon, german chocolate, chocolate, etc)
2 eggs
1/4 C vegetable cooking oil
Mix well and place in the fridge for about an hour.  Roll about a teaspoon of the dough into a ball.  Now the fun begins. 
Strawberry/lemon - roll in powdered sugar
German Chocolate - roll in coconut and chopped nuts
Chocolate, mix in mint chips and roll into balls
Slightly flatten on cookie sheet.
You get creative and make your own combinations! Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, do not overbake!

No comments:

Post a Comment