Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Feeding Anne

I said I would let you know how Anne liked my beef stew.  Well......she liked it! She said she would love to come and eat it again and again!  I used a basic beef stew recipe that I've used for years that has potatoes, carrots and sweet potatoes in it.  I served it over plain white rice.  Both Anne and my husband love plain, white rice.  She kept telling me how much she likes rice! 

I also served platters of fresh fruit; grapes, strawberries, mango, bananas and mandarin oranges.  Anne loved the fresh fruit.  In Kenya, she said that what we had was much closer to what you would normally have if you went to someones house for dinner. 

I must confess, we had a chocolate dessert!  I know it's not true Kenyan to serve dessert but I had a leftover pan of my chocolate caramel wow! cake.  My daughter had a spa night the night before and we had some leftovers.  Anne and I ate some out on the patio while soaking in the sun. 

As I was driving her home, she began to tell me how strange the seasons where to her.  In Kenya, trees don't lose their leaves all at once and she'd never seen snow until she moved here.  She said that learning in school about four seasons is a lot different than living them!

Anne is such a special person.  I am truly blessed to have her in my life!  I hope she feels the same way about my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment