Saturday, October 30, 2010

Voting

My husband and I went and early voted today.  We usually vote early on saturday because it makes it more convenient if we both go together.  Sometimes, during the week, it gets so hectic that I'm afraid I'll forget.  I have always been a voter.  My parents and grandparents always voted.  They had to travel about twenty miles round trip because of where we lived so the entire family went.  I grew up knowing that somehow, voting was important. 

Exercising your right to vote is important.  I don't care if you are a democrat, a republican or an independant, it is important that you vote.  I don't care, well maybe I do, how you vote but it is important that you vote.  We, as citizens of this great country, need to exercise that right.  It always amazes me that these non-presidental election years brings out so few voters.  We, for some sad reason, feel that the only important person to cast a vote for is the president.  How far from the truth can that be?  The president is important but the congress and senate actually make policy for our lives. 

Don't forget to vote. It is important.  Plus, you can't gripe about our government and politians if you don't vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment