Friday, January 1, 2010

Confessions of a Crazy Foodie!

Well, today is a day for starting new things and my new years resolution is to start putting all these crazy ideas I have on paper! So here goes! I'll start by introducing myself, I am an original Okie from Muskogee. Muskogee, Oklahoma, that is. Born there in 1967, I even have a certificate that says I am. Yes, they really gave those out for a while in Muskogee!




This year, I am going to post recipes, ideas, and personal stories from this blog. I hope you will join me on this journey of self-expression as I try to put down in words my thoughts and feelings and all those silly things that seem to happen in my life!


Since my motto has always been 'I don't want to be laying on my deathbed saying, "I should have had the pie", I will introduce a dessert of the month. Some will be old favorites, some will be new ideas and some may surprise you! My first official act of this blog will be to declare January FUDGE month!


I get through December with all the stress and stuff by thinking about January fudge. This year I cheated and actually made it a couple of days ago but I was out of town and didn't get to eat it until today. I'll post the recipe tomorrow, it's just the old fashioned fantasy fudge but I honestly like it the best. I never make fudge for december eating because I think chocolate fudge should be savored like a fine wine. So many of us scarf our food and treats so fast during December that we don't really taste it. Just as you sip wine, you should savor fudge!


I challenge you to make a pan of fudge this week, slow down and savor this new year as a blessing given to you to make the world a better place!

No comments:

Post a Comment