Thursday, February 11, 2010

Power to the People!

I've got to vent today so I hope no one minds! I had a rather unpleasent shopping experience and I left the place so upset that my stomach was upset. I have shopped my last shop at the Walmart in my town. I am tired of getting treated like I am a criminal everytime I go in and try, and I say try, to use a coupon. Low prices, I don't think so. I find that most of the time, my local grocery store has cheaper or as cheap a price. And don't even get me started on customer service! There is none.

Somewhere, as a nation, we gave up our right as consumers to be treated with respect to save a dime. I am not a thief, I am not dishonest, I am not out to scam the business. I am an honest, hard-working, stay-at-home mom, who happens to want to watch her budget by using coupons. I do not expect to be treated like a second-class citizen because I would rather save a little at the grocery store than other people.

I worked at a grocery store in college and understand the that the stores actually make a little money on each coupon being redeemed. I also know it does take a little work for the store to package the coupons to send to the companies. I know all this because I did that job at the store I worked at and I know that I still treated customers as customers! I actually thought they were smart! Who doesn't love saving a little money!

As of today, I am exercising my right as a consumer to only shop at places that treat me with respect as a customer! I am woman, hear me roar! I have decided that I'd rather pay a few cents more and be treated like a paying customer than maybe save a few pennies and leave the store feeling like I was just interrogated by CSI!

If more of us stopped shopping at stores that had nonexistent customer service, I guarantee that someone in high places would decide that it should be a priority again! I have made a choice and I have decided that I am important, I have a choice and never again and I going to let a store treat me like I am not important!

No comments:

Post a Comment