Friday, March 4, 2011

Got to get out of this rut!

I'm in a food rut, I can tell it's time to switch seasons! I'm growing so tired of the food I was so excited to be eating last November.  I'm tired of soups, stews, casseroles and all those winter meals I've been making over the past few months.  I'm ready for grilling, fresh veggies and fruits, salads and sandwiches. 

My family is also, I can tell by their responses to nightly meals.  We're all ready to clean off this back patio and set it up for those leisure meals outside as the sun sets.  Don't get me wrong, we almost always eat our evening meal together. When we don't, the kids usually comment on it.  It's just out of sorts when someone is missing.  The dynamics are different when one of us is not around to give our two cents!

Yesterday was so wonderful, it was about sixty degrees and I really wanted to go out and fly a kite.  Didn't have time, too busy dropping off and picking up people...I remember when my kids were so excited for that first day we could go out and fly kites!  My how time flies....but when I mentioned it, both kids were eager to do it sometime next week when we had time!  Even though they are so busy doing their own things, they still find it special to stand out in our front yard and fly kites together. 

I'm beginning to plan this months menu.  This month is a transitional month, from winter meals to spring meals.  I'm ready, I've already asked everyone what they want one last time until next fall.  Chicken and dumplings, chicken enchiladas, and Mc deli soup were things mentioned.  I'll be making them the first two weeks of March...after that, we're going to spring foods...grilled chicken, salads, and sandwiches will start filling the days.

I'm so ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment