Thursday, March 3, 2011

Seeing Green!

I was wondering around out in my yard yesterday seeing what I could see and seeing all the garden work that needed to be done.  I spent most of the day Sunday crawling around in the new rooms taping down paper so the workmen wouldn't make such a mess on the new floor.  When they did our garage, we had to powerwash the floor and scrape the windows with a razor blade to get all the gunk off.  I tell you, if those men pee like they spray walls, their mama's should be taken out back and horse-whipped! 

Long story short, I can't hardly move now because I squatted for hours and my legs are so sore I can't hardly wear pants! It's too cold for shorts but I'm really glad that I sit a lot for work!  As I was wondering around, I began to see more and more green poking up.  The wild garlic and onion is about four inches tall.  The daffodils and crocus are up and some are even beginning to bloom!  The buds are beginning to show color on my lilacs.

It was a great reminder of all the work that still needs to be done.  I need to clear out all the old dead stuff that didn't get taken away last fall.  I need to rake the leaves that have now covered the front flowerbeds.  I need to get the last of last years veggie garden taken to the compost pile. 

I've got my little tomato plants growing happily in pots.  They actually got to visit the outside today and sit in the sun! I find that they do better with real sunshine and wind than fake sunshine and my hand swiping over them to make them strong. I"ll probably be putting them outside in my wall-o-waters in a few weeks. 

I looked in on my little spinach plants, they are doing pretty well under my old windows in the garden.  Another week or so and I'll harvest my first little batch.  I haven't decided on a spinach salad with hot bacon dressing or sauteed spinach with garlic, onion and a little soy sauce.  Either way, it will be good to have garden greens again!

Spring is coming, it's so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment