Thursday, March 31, 2011

Momma cries.....

Ok, I admit it. I'm a music person.  I listen to music, I sing music, I hum music....all day long.  It's slowly driving my son crazy!  He's always pointing out when I'm singing when I don't even know it.  My dad hummed when I was a kid working with him.  I sing.  I sing loud. 

One day, at the grocery store around Christmas, I was shopping along and an older man began to look at me.  I smiled at him...I'm a pretty happy person. I smile at total strangers and will talk to a post...  Anyway, he began to follow me.  After a few aisles, he said, 'you have a nice singing voice'......I asked him if I had been singing out loud....he said 'yes'....I was singing Christmas songs along with the overhead speakers!  I started laughing and he said, 'you just looked so happy singing out loud, I thought I'd compliment you!'  I try to be a little more discreet now with my singing.

Well, the other day, my son and I were driving to Lowe's to get my husband a ladder for his birthday.  It is one of those cool ones that fold into four sections.  We were driving along, listening to my favorite Christian radio station, and a song by one of my favorite groups started playing.  I should also tell you that I like just about all kinds of music.  Really the only genre I don't like is rap.  I don't see the originality in rap music. 

The station I listen to is a Christian edge station.  I started listening to it when I first moved here because, like I said, I sing out loud and some of the lyrics I wasn't too keen on my kids listening to me sing out loud.I figured that the kids wouldn't like Christian music since I listened to it but they both still really like it.  Christian music is not like it was when I was a teen.  Back in the eighties, it was pretty bad....

One of my favorite groups is Skillet.  They are hard rock with a great rock singer.  My husband doesn't like to get in the minivan because you never know what song is going to be rocking out Suzy-Q!

As we were driving to Lowe's, 'Lucy' by Skillet came on.  If you haven't ever listened to the song,  I suggest you do.  Some say it's about abortion, I don't know but I know that by the time I got to Lowe's, I was a balling, ball-bag.  My son never said a word, he's used to mom sobbing as she drives while listening to a song.  After the song was over, I looked over at him and he just said, 'are you done now?' and smiled at me!  We both cracked up laughing......

I'm sure he doesn't share with his friends that his mom is one of those people who starts bawling at the drop of a hat....or note.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment