Friday, August 27, 2010

Tired of Gardening and Canning

I'm tired of gardening and canning. I'm ready for a freeze but now it's time to pull up a bunch of stuff and plant veggies for fall!  If I don't, I'll be sad in a month because I'll have to start buying lettuce from the grocery store instead of my own. 

Maybe, I'll just plant a little.  I don't want to feel sad.....Gotta go, I've got work to do!

Now's the time when I savor the last of everything.  I'm still getting okra to fry and a few cukes and tomatoes and eggplants but almost everything else is giving up from our august heat. 

I'll pull out all the dead stuff and plant in it's place a few more cukes, a fall tomato that I've been babying in a pot through this heat (I grow cherries for fall) and lots of greens.  It does make me happy to be picking stuff in november here in Oklahoma!

No comments:

Post a Comment