Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Perspective

I got back from church camp only to travel across the state to check on my dad who was in the hospital.  Long story short, after twelve days in the hospital, he had a stent put into his heart today that we think will make him feel 100 percent better in the days ahead. 

It's amazing how a near death experience with someone you love suddenly puts life into perspective.  You suddenly don't care about how clean the house is or if the garden is picked or the flowers watered.  All you worry about is seeing that person at your nieces birthday party at the end of the month.  Kind of puts everything else on the back burner.

I know some day my dad will die and I know that when he does he knows where he will spend eternity.  I am glad that he has that assurance but I'm just not ready for my parents to leave me.  I still need to ask a lot of advice!

I thank God for the doctors and nurses who spend countless hours helping the helpless.  I was not called to do either of those jobs.  I'm too impatient and am not the most nurturing person, ask my children.  If you're not bleeding profusely or missing a limb, don't complain!  I'm just glad that there are people who are called into that profession.

The next few weeks, I'll be posting on and off because I have real life to contend with. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment