Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Storm of Epic Proportions!

I don't normally post on Saturdays but today is just too funny! Yesterday, I spent all day outside transplanting lilies and roses, mulching landscaping and raking flowerbeds and generally soaking up the sun; my kind of fun! Today, I am sitting by the woodstove, drinking coffee and listening to the sleet coat the outside of my windows. Don't need curtains or blinds today, I have a nature made stained glass coating.

Funny how the weather changes so fast. I live in Claremore, Oklahoma the official home of the Will Rogers Memormial. Will Rogers, the man who said he never met a man he didn't like and that if you don't like the weather wait a minute. Smart man.

As I was working outside yesterday, I knew the impending storm was approaching. I could come inside and watch the television or see it on my computer in real time. My mom even called to let me know. She called me once during sunday school to tell me to go home the roads were getting bad. She lives an hour and a half away. We went home, she was right. Whem my mama calls and tells me to get home. I obey!

I was left wondering yesterday afternoon in the seventy degree weather what my foremothers knew about the weather. They didn't have the luxury of turning on the radio and television to get an instant forcast. Did they wake up to sleet to have to scurry around and bring things inside? Or were they like most of us in Oklahoma yesterday, thanking the good Lord for the sunny, warm day but secretly dreading that spring snowstorm that always comes? Oh well, now that we've had our March storm, now we can get ready for tornado season. Maybe I'll spend the time indoors today cleaning out the storm closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment