Monday, May 3, 2010

Making Fun of Mom!

It's beginning to stink now that I have a teenager and one on the way! They are beginning to notice things that I do that may not be normal.  And the bad part about it is, they are pointing it out and laughing! Take my compulsion to coupon.  I like to save money and using coupons is a good way to do it.  I have always cut and used coupons.  I check before we go out and eat if I have a coupon we could use.  To me, it's like a game.  'Who can save the most money wins!'

I have never noticed before my wonderful children pointed it out but apparently, I also like to brag about saving money.  I never thought about it as bragging.  I always am proud and want everyone to know! Well, they think it's bragging about being cheap and they think it's hilarious.  Just the other day, I was going on and on at dinner about how cheap the meal was and I began to notice the looks they were sharing.  These were not normal brother/sister looks.  Normal brother/sister looks are scowls, frowns, tongues sticking out....that sort of thing.  These were smiles and rolled eyes.  Finally, I stopped talking and said 'what?'  This produced belly laughs and almost rolling in the floor.  I checked my husband, he didn't have a clue.  I looked down to make sure I was fully dressed, you never know with me!  When they stopped laughing and pointing, my daughter said through tears, 'so how much money did you save?' Which again produced hysterical laughter.  They both were laughing so hard they were crying. 

I'm just glad they were getting along for once! And for the record, it was a really cheap meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment