Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Rant....

It's friday, I feel like I need to rant a little and I get tired of ranting to my husband! I feel sorry for him because he always gets to hear all the little things that get on my nerves about everything and everybody.  He used to try to discuss the problem and help me see the other side.  This was not what I wanted! I finally explained that I just needed a human body to sit and listen and agree with everything I said.  I needed a sounding board, not someone who tried to get me to see the other side!  Not extremely sane, I know.  But as I've talked to other women, I realize just how common this is! 

I had a older woman tell me long ago, that women needed other women friends besides their husbands just for that reason! As I've gotten older, I completely understand. 

Here's my friday rant:  I wish I was less responsible.  I wish I wasn't always the one that everybody knew would follow through and get it done.  I wish I could just not follow through with something and not feel bad.  But alas, that is not my nature.  It is my nature to get things done, correctly and in a timely manner.  Almost perfectly.  I'm a perfectionist.  I'm not ashamed but sometimes it does get to be a bother.  I drive myself crazy sometimes trying to get it just right.  I have gotten better since the kids have been around.  I had a friend give me a plaque that says 'Cleaning and Dusting can wait till tomorrow, for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down  laundry and dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my babies and babies don't keep.' I have learned that cleaning will wait until tomorrow and to seize the experience.  I just wish sometimes, I had a little more Peter Pan and a little less Little Red Hen living inside me!

No comments:

Post a Comment