Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday America!

I trust you had a great 4th of July weekend. I always hope that we, as Americans, stop during our fun filled celebrations to stop and thank the men and women that have given their time, service and oftentimes, their very lives so we can enjoy living in the country that offers more opportunities than any other on the planet.  It saddens me to think that their are people, who were born in the greatest country on earth, that do not understand what a gift they have been given and squander the opportunities by sitting on their backsides and complaining about not having enough! The reason we have such a situation about immigration right now is because so many of our countrymen and women gave their all so we could be free.  Why else do you think everyone wants to be here!

 My husband still has one more day of vacation today so it's not over for our family.  We have been all over since I last posted.  My daughter and I spent a week at kids camp to come back and have a weekend that was full of company picnics, dinners and meetings for upcoming camps.  On tuesday, we left for a week in Branson, Mo.  If you've never been, I would suggest you go.  I'll be posting this week on some of the many activities and adventures we had while on vacation.  You know with me, it's always an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment