Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One Year Ago....my how things have changed!

So I was bored and looked back to see what my theme was a year ago on my blog....I was in a cleaning frenzy!  I was cleaning walls, floors, ceilings, closets and anything else I could get my hands on.  All I can say is 'my how things have changed!'  

Since we've started the building/remodeling project, very little cleaning is going on, at least deep cleaning.  I'm cleaning alright, trying to keep the dust down, the drywall plaster in the remodel area and basically trying to keep control of the panic attack growing inside me with all this mess!  My daughter has lost her room, she's now in the guest bedroom with closet space in three different closets!  My son, will be sleeping in the living room this week and probably next, lost his closet about a month ago.  They have things strung out from the upstairs down to the garage! 

My office is piled up with things from the guest bedroom and my bedroom has what wouldn't fit in the office.  Dusting is almost impossible because any open area has something stacked on top!  I keep going into the new family room, that now has walls and lights and drywall plaster on it, and envisioning all the extra space we will have in a another month or so.....it can't happen fast enough!

I'm actually pretty proud of myself, I haven't had a melt-down about the mess.  I do find that I feel really scattered and it's hard for me to focus on one thing for long.  I know it's because I don't like clutter, it makes me feel cluttered and disorganized. 

Hopefully, that will change soon and we'll be moving the kids into new rooms and have a great teen cave to start hosting again.  I'm resting now so after it's all done I can get my clean groove back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment