Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Party Cancelled.....

Our church cancelled our super bowl parties for tonight.  I honestly wasn't too sad, I was beginning to wonder where people would park and I certainly didn't want them spending the night!  We were hosting the seventh and grade youth kids.  Like I said, it would have been fun but the weather has made it not the best idea.....

I enjoy playing hostess for others.  I enjoy having people over and cooking for them.  It's just in my nature.  After being cooped up all week, I was really looking forward to having kids around.  So instead of cleaning and getting ready for the party, we moved my daughter upstairs.  I'm hoping for some progress on the new family room and bedroom remodel this week.  Everything came to a screeching halt this last week because of the blizzard. 

My husband did a few things in the evening after working but no one with any real skill came over! We quite possibly will be slow this week also because the wonderful weather men have started screaming that this week may be another last week! Someone told me this week they felt like they were living in the 'Groundhog Day' movie!  I was thinking this week that this must be what it's like to be retired!  Even though I was working, I actually began to lose track of what day it was! 

Normally, my week is marked by driving my kids here and there, everyday is different.  Not this week!  The calendar suddenly became empty so the sameness made me lose track....not actually bad, just different.

Well, it's almost time for the superbowl.  I really don't care who wins, professional football is really not my sport.  I like college, it seems to me when people begin to play for millions of dollars instead of simple bragging rights, something is lost.....

No comments:

Post a Comment