Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Plague!

Well, the plague has hit me! I ended up in the emergency room on Sunday with, what my husband thought was a heart attack, but was really a pretty bad bronchitis attack.  When I went into the cold, I couldn't breath and then ended up hyperventilating.  Pretty scary really. 

If you want to get into a room fast at an emergency room, I'll tell you how to do it.  Sit down in the chair, and say you are short of breath, you feel numb and your heart is beating out of your chest!  Then almost pass out and immediately, they are wheeling you into a room and several people are working on you at once....maybe not the best way to get into a room. 

It scared my husband and daughter more than it scared me, apparently, I wasn't looking too good! My son, since he was listening to his ipod and playing a video game while we were driving to the hospital, didn't know what was going on....oh, teenage boys!  They live in their own world!

I'm ok now, got some meds and have been told to rest and stay out of the cold.  It's going around but I honestly didn't feel that bad.  Of course, I was moving slowly but I figured it was due to being cooped all this last week with the blizzard.  My kids are helping out a lot and checking on me when I go lay down.  My daughter keeps reminding me to drink orange juice and liquids.  She'll be a pretty good nurse when she grows up.

As of now, we are scheduled for another winter storm tonight.  My daughter hasn't been in school since last Monday. She's missing her friends and school!  I honestly don't mind being home.  I'm able to work since I work for a virtual school.  May 28th will be my last day of school for my kids and my son regardless of what the weather brings!   

For now, I'm just going to take it easy for a few more days.  I've got the humidifier going and the Vick's vaporub on my chest.  Being sick is no fun but it is a bit better when I can't go anywhere....staying home for the next few days is the best medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment