Friday, June 4, 2010

Clouds

Have you ever looked at clouds? Not to scan the sky for tornadoes but laid on a blanket out in the back or front yard and did some serious cloud watching?  It was one of my favorite things to do when I was a kid.  I'd usually get sidetracked by looking at the tree I was laying under but I guess that's part of the fun.  Just doing nothing.

Today, my kids don't do that often enough.  They think doing nothing is laying in the living room with the television showing some mindless cartoon or something on the disney channel.  Doing nothing to me means laying under a big tree on a blanket without my cell phone or an ipod.  Not knowing how much time has passed.  Not caring. 

Today is a good day to watch clouds.  Lots of nice fluffy ones going by.  Maybe I'll see an elephant or a castle in the sky.  It would be ok if the clouds move on, taking a nap under a big tree is pretty good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment