Monday, June 14, 2010

Easy Cream Pie!

This is the hit for summer around my house! As soon as I start getting strawberries in May, this pie gets made about once a week. sometimes I just make the cream filling and put it into little cups and dump berries on top.

Pet peeve of the week:  Alright, I know it's only Monday, I'll probably have five more before the week is out! But my recent pet peeve is people who go and pick or buy fresh berries and then go home and cook them!  Are you crazy! Eat those things just like God created them.  don't coat them in sugar or bake the soup out of them.  Eat them on cereal, in cream pies, by the hand fulls....they won't be around forever and then you can get the frozen ones out to bake with! Ok, I'm better now....back to the cream pie recipe.

Easy Cream Pie

1 graham cracker pie shell - I buy mine but you can make your own if you are so inclined.  I also sometimes make little ones by putting a nilla wafer in the bottom of a small bowl. 
1 large box jello cook pudding - Do not use instant, YUCK! This takes eight minutes to make in the microwave!
3 cups milk
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, I use the low/no fat kinds

Make pudding like the box says.  I use the microwave so I don't have to stand over it.  When the pudding is cooked, cut the cream cheese into 12-16 pieces and place in the hot pudding and stir like crazy until it has melted into the pudding.
Pour the mixture into a pie shell. 
You can let the mixture cool and fold the berries into it before adding it to the pie shell but since we don't eat an entire pie at one sitting, although I'd like to! The berries will get soggy and so will the crust.  I put the mixture in the pie shell and serve the berries on top.  This way, everybody can create their own berry pie by using various berries, mango, peaches, etc.  Top it if you want with whipped cream. 

This is also really good for breakfast if you can eat it before the kids wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment